Thursday, August 24, 2006

Your call is important to us

This is the crap on-hold voice over pithy message you get from HSBC settlements. 42 minutes and holding. What the fuck do they think we do all day? That we as lawyers only have time for 8 calls in the day.

Is it just a bad hair day HSBC?

You are pushing the industry to the limits of melt down. A legal suit may make you wake up. Probably a class action. You are on notice.

PS - The actual time was 53 minutes. The individual we spoke to was the only employee staffing the settlements area. His co-worker was on lunch. Time of making the call was approx 12.25pm 24 August 2006. For the record the phone was picked up at 1:17pm. Reason for the call - Settlement had fallen over and needed to be re-booked. Pretty simple call to make. Opportunity Cost to HSBC - Nil. Opportunity Cost to Hayton Kosky Lawyers $150 per hour - Additional cost to Client - $125

HSBC - Are you serious - 2 employees only?

Actual forget the money. I want my Fifty Three Minutes Back. In that time I could have watched 2 re-runs of Kath & Kim. I could have gone for a 10K jog. I could chugged a couple of crownies with a mate.

If I treated my customers in that way I may as well close the doors.

No comments: