Monday, November 14, 2005

NZ - eDealings - case study

Wellington law firm Foot Law received e-dealing training in January this year. Ten months on, Landwrap spoke to Solicitor Rosemary Tomlinson and Legal Executive Jan Prankerd to hear their views of Landonline.

Rosemary is impressed at the ability that Landonline gives her to prepare documents and complete a transfer and registration for a single-party transaction in under 10 minutes.

"In the paper environment I relied on our secretary to type up and prepare the documents but there's no need for me to wait around now," she says. "With e-dealing I have the flexibility to get on with the job and achieve instant registration. I can push my work through more quickly too. Internal transactions such as refinancing or trust set-ups are a good example.

"I'd like to be able to use it more," says Jan. "I had a couple of months where we only had paper transactions and when I finally did receive an e-dealing, I felt rusty. It would be so much better if all law firms were e-dealing."

"It's great to be doing a transaction with another e-dealing party. In a multi-party transaction I prepare my documents in advance so they are ready for the other side to complete their documents. It's a lot faster and the registration fee is a lot cheaper for the client."






NZ Landonline

No comments: